Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

FAQ & Newbie Questions, post here for character & lore help!
Authored by The Staff (they/them, timeless)
Trophy Case
the gods play dice
43 Posts ✥ 15 Crowns
Hails from Zhaoshang
Ageless years old
Address As
Rep: 0 pts Honour Points
Jun 30 2015, 04:46 PM ✥ Permalink
Guest & Newbie Questions
We get it: Imperium is big, and our world is even bigger. But no fear, we love new people, and we're always ready to help! If you're a guest or newbie, post here to have someone help you out as soon as possible. This is great if you have detailed/multiple questions that won't fit in the cbox.

If you are looking for certain types of character(s), post your ideas here (be specific as possible!) and someone will be able to help you out! This can be anything such as gender, age, position, potential plots, and more.

If you don't receive an answer within a day or two or would prefer a private conversation, you can speak with Anna, the head admin, at unfairest#2965 on Discord.

Staff members will answer as soon as possible, but members may reply too.

FAQ

Is this site active?
Yes. We do a lot of chatting, plotting, games, etc. on Discord rather than on the forum, and don't really care about how often people log in and post. Also, we have hidden a lot of our content from guests due to past plagiarism.

Where is the cbox?
We replaced it with Discord when we transitioned into a private community. You can only access the Discord server via applying for membership and receiving an invite.

How can I apply for membership?
Visit this page for instructions.

What do you mean by "private community"?
Imperium was a public forum for over 2 years, and after a while we realized that this isn't the best format for our community. We care more about development and community than about attracting lots of new members and constantly posting. Plus, our noble house system makes it rather annoying waiting ages for specific want ads to be filled for plots.

Our solution was to change the joining process from a character application to a more personal application, to see if you fit in with our community. We truly do welcome new people, but want to base acceptance on you as a person rather than your character.

Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Sep 1 2016, 03:16 AM ✥ Permalink
Hi, I was wondering if there is any female characters that are open that are expected to be married soon or have been recently married and are kind, lover of animals, and are in their twenties. I don't want them to be stupid, but perhaps they could be a bit naive?
Authored by Nicole (she/her, EST)
Trophy Case
60 Posts ✥ 3 Crowns
Hails from
Twenty-two years old
Address As
Rep: none Honour Points
Sep 1 2016, 06:32 AM ✥ Permalink
Hi, Brittney!

The only young female character I can think of right now who is canonically betrothed is the 19-year-old Xun, but she is not at all what I would call kind.

That said! You could take virtually any female character on the canon list and betroth them to a male character on the canon list! Some options include the 25-year-old Rana, one of the Johars or Sadiks, or a Morandi. If you're looking for a more high stakes betrothal, I particularly suggest the 25-year-old Johar; she's set to inherit the duchy, and you could pick from one of many young male canon characters to be her fiance and request him. http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgqhpZ1X41r10jj7.gif

This post has been edited by Nicole: Sep 8 2016, 06:03 PM
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Oct 27 2016, 02:38 PM ✥ Permalink
I'm looking to possible take up a role of a young African-American man, later 20'- late 30's, that is very political and ambitious. He is as cunning as a snake and just as devious in his quest to rise to power by using his influence, family, and friends to better position himself into a seat of power until he can claim the throne for himself while maintaining a positive image before those outside of his inner circle
Authored by Zara (unicorn, PST)
Trophy Case
24 Posts ✥ 4 Crowns
Hails from Zhaoshang
Twenty-Seven years old
Address As
Oct 27 2016, 03:17 PM ✥ Permalink
Hi Eli, It sounds like you specifically want a character that has the ability to either become Prince or Emperor, and as only those from a Royal house are eligible for such ranks, House Haroun looks to be what you're after. There are two available Haroun men who seem to fit your age parameters (21 & 25 resepectively). Musad Haroun is set to be the next Prince of Nejem, while his younger brother Zahir is quite ambitious and would love to be Prince as well, this is especially important now, as Amal, their father, has died.

I hope this helps, and if you need more information on the two canons I suggested, please see their want ad: here.
Authored by Anna (She/Her, CST)
Trophy Case
The Inquisitor
41 Posts ✥ 48 Crowns
Hails from Nejem
Twenty-three years old
Genderfluid, female presenting; she/her or they/them
Address As Your Grace
Rep: -4 pts Honour Points
Oct 27 2016, 06:09 PM ✥ Permalink
Would like to add that as per our recent plot update with the death of Amal Haroun, Musad is officially the Prince of Nejem now!
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Oct 30 2016, 01:40 PM ✥ Permalink
Hey! I have a few quick questions. First, is it better for someone new to play an original character or canon? And second, are OCs even allowed here? Third, what is a good house/area for a character to be made if I can make one? I'm looking for a super minor person to start with so I can better understand what exactly is going on.
Trophy Case
24 Posts ✥ 4 Crowns
Hails from Zhaoshang
Twenty-Seven years old
Address As
Oct 30 2016, 09:38 PM ✥ Permalink
Hi Cynthia, we prefer new members take a character from the Royal or Ducal house lists, but we do have the ability for more open canons, with the addition of the Minor house lists as well.

We currently need Zhaoshangese or Nejemese characters more than Persadian, as we currently have a ban on Lucenni character creation.

As far as prefering a minor character, I would suggest pick a character from a ducal house, as they are pretty free-form unless they are being requested for someone. I would be happy to suggest options for you if you have a general idea of the type of character you would like to play (female/male/nonbinary; knight/scholar; age range; ec).
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Oct 30 2016, 09:48 PM ✥ Permalink
Hey,
Any female from 13-35 is fine; I can do any role/status there is!
Trophy Case
24 Posts ✥ 4 Crowns
Hails from Zhaoshang
Twenty-Seven years old
Address As
Oct 30 2016, 10:10 PM ✥ Permalink
Wonderful, my suggestions are in a list below. Please keep in mind that we are a Premium JCink site, so all our playable characters are 18+ (so all my suggestions will be 18+).

Female, 18-35

Important to Site Plots
_____ LIANG (18, female, Ladonic Order recruit)

Have Built-In Plots, But Aren't Necessarily "Important"
_____ HAROUN (24, Jessica Parker Kennedy, baroness)
_____ HAROUN NEE KARTAL (26, Oona Chaplin, princess consort of nejem)
_____ XUN (19, female, baroness)
_____ SONG nee Yilmaz (22, female, duchess)
_____ OF BYZRA (20, nonbinary but could use a female face, bastard)

This post has been edited by Zara: Oct 30 2016, 10:16 PM
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Dec 10 2016, 01:49 PM ✥ Permalink
Hi everyone!
I'm an half french/spanish player, who loves studying european nobility, and I totally fell in love of this RP!
I want to play a Lucenna high noble, but I don't know which family is better to chose for a beginner whot wants to improve his english, and what are the limit of my creation.
Also, I need some help to enderstand the lore, and other things like that.
(I hope my english is not to eye offencif for you)
Authored by Anna (She/Her, CST)
Trophy Case
of them all
423 Posts ✥ 80 Crowns
Hails from Lucenna
Twenty-two years old
Cis woman (she)
Address As Ur Majesty
Dec 14 2016, 12:29 AM ✥ Permalink
Hi Paul!

We have always had members whose first language is not English. However, all players, regardless of whether or not English is their first language, must adhere to the information in our Guidebook and Rules, and must pass the same application review process. That said, we don't believe anyone writes perfectly, so some grammar and spelling mistakes are okay.

And we are always willing to clarify any questions you have about site information!

i like birds, cats, history, shakespeare, art, fashion, a lot of television shows, and graphic design. if you want any constructive criticism on your application or writing, let me know!

user posted image

characters

aryana corona is very good at looking like she has all her shit together. #womanpain. a cool princess, not like other princesses.

rajya haroun is possessed by a desire to know everything and be the best there ever was, with a soft-spoken nature that hides her anxieties.

bellamy guillory is a punkass nerd with way too much money and too many Feelings. he's working on it.

feiyan xun is a total sweetheart except for the fact that she's learned how to hide a body with startling efficiency.

haidar yilmaz is the weird, socially inappropriate grandpa nobody wants, but they have to suck up to him until he's written his will.

priya of persad is the resident rana bastard, fake-it-til-you-make-it trader and privateer. clever but socially awkward, she's mostly here to help herself and make some cash.

rozenn rana nee desrosiers is everybody's mom in the form of oscar the grouch. professional frowner, expert sideyer.

percival desrosiers is a daredevil, animal-loving adventurer, and also one of the least reliable people ever. he feels bad about it, though.
Authored by Nami (She/her, CET)
Trophy Case
230 Posts ✥ 1071 Crowns
Hails from Lucenna
Twenty-two years old
Cis-female (she/her)
Address As My Baroness or My Great Lady
Rep: 3 pts Honour Points
Dec 14 2016, 03:38 AM ✥ Permalink
Hi Paul!

I'm a native spanish speaker, I may be able to help you if there's anything you don't understand and so http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgqh3l8kR1r10jj7.gif I arrived here a year ago with the same insecurities you have but, as Anna said, I simply posted my character application and it was all good so here I am now lol

Also, about which family you could be part off, I would say it may be easier for you to look at those families that already have an active character. That way you'll have another member to plot with and to relay to. Although maybe the Admins can answer this with more concrete suggestions >.<

This post has been edited by Elisabetta Corona: Dec 14 2016, 01:33 PM

Status

She is in Princess Aryana retinue, currently in Lucenna after the Yuletide celebrations. Her betrothal to Demetrios Sayed has been recently announced.
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Dec 14 2016, 01:29 PM ✥ Permalink
Thanks for your answer!
For the moment, there is a little problem with my character, but I'm sure I will found a good solution with Zara's help!
Authored by (, )
Trophy Case
0 Posts Crowns
Hails from
years old
Address As
Mar 8 2017, 10:56 PM ✥ Permalink
Greetings, Imperium! I'm just a potential recruit seeking answers to sate my curiosity.

I already have a canon character in mind I'm interested to play, but for future chara prepping purposes I'm hoping to introduce an original character into a minor house. And my questions concern her face claim portrayal, appropriate ethnicity in Ilium, position, and age.

How lenient are faces for minor houses? I'm planning to use a Filipino celebrity for my oc's face claim, but said celeb is a descent of Portuguese, Spanish, and remote Indian blood. It wouldn't be safe to say that my character's ethnicity in Ilium would be purely Latin since her face claim is also a mix of South Asian and Hispanic ancestry.

I need help in identifying what ethnicity would my oc be classed as... I read somewhere in the Canon FAQ that the intermarrying of houses has resulted in different racial makeup which I think the face claim would be perfect for my oc who is as such. And in regards to her ethnicity, which of the minor houses would be appropriate for her?

What is the youngest age considered fit to manage a house? I've thought up of an idea where an heir in her mid-twenties replaced her deceased mother in the position of baron. I'd like to see what her viewpoint might become and how she grows within Ilium's politically-driven environment with her choices; until then her political standpoint remains undeclared.

Of course this idea is subject to change if it conflicts with the lore. c:

I've addressed everything that required clarification and I'll come back if I have more stuff to ask. Also I'm really sorry for the lengthy post! :'> The site skin and lore is excellently constructed btw. Hats off to everyone~
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules